We pride ourselves on providing painless and timely dental care
Because expertise matters
Several factors for successful dental treatment outcomes include:
- The clinical skills of the dentist.
- The dentist’s experience with a particular procedure.
- The confidence and trust of the patient.
The team at Specialist Dental Group® has decades of experience in resolving the dental needs of patients. Our team consists of internationally qualified dental specialists/ dental surgeons who are opinion leaders within their specialty areas.
Peace of mind
Multi-specialty dental team – We have a team of dental specialists and dental surgeons from different specialty areas working together to assess and address patients’ dental needs and provide the appropriate solutions for them.
Medically compromised patients – Our dental team is experienced in treating medically compromised patients and work together with our patients’ medical specialists to manage their dental treatment.
Expertise and Experience – our dental specialists and dental surgeons are actively involved in training dentists and specialists in Singapore and regionally. We also train dentists in placing dental implants and providing Invisalign dental treatment.
With a combination of the right equipment and skills as well as access to information ahead of time, pain can be minimized. Using technology to reduce the level of discomfort and ensuring your dental health is met.
Patients can access one (or more) specialist(s) at the same appointment. The treatment approach is also more comprehensive.
Dedicated imaging facilities in the form of a cone beam CT scanner and digital x-rays results in patients having their imaging needs met within seconds.
Appointment bookings and enquiries can be made online via the Specialist Dental Group®website.
Patients also enjoy the convenience of scheduling their medical appointments together with their dental appointments as Specialist Dental Group® is located at the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre and Gleneagles Medical Centre, home to 500 leading medical and dental specialists in Singapore.
Our research & contribution
Our founder, Dr Henry Lee, started placing titanium dental implants in Singapore back in 1984.
Our passion for the field has spurred us to share our knowledge with other practitioners and the public through:
- Publishing clinical articles about our research and clinical experience with different dental procedures in academic journals;
- Writing about dental developments in health magazines and newsletters;
- Lecturing at universities, public forums, seminars and conferences locally and internationally;
- Being interviewed on radio and television, newspapers and magazines on dental issues of interest to the public;
- Serving on the committees of professional dental groups and accreditation boards.
From the customer service and consumer perspective, Specialist Dental Group® has won 3 major awards including:
- “Best Healthcare Experience”, Singapore Experience Awards 2012
Specialist Dental Group® was the Recipient of “Best Healthcare Experience” in the Singapore Experience Awards 2012, organized by Singapore Tourism Board. Winners of this award are judged to have shown they are the the best in delivering a holistic customer experience – one that packages quality product and service delivery to create a distinctive and compelling experience.
- “Promising Brands”, Singapore Prestige Brand Award 2011
Specialist Dental Group® was the Recipient of “Promising Brands” in the well established Singapore Prestige Brand Award 2011 (SPBA). With an increasing number of Singapore brands becoming established household names, achieving this esteemed mark of success is a significant milestone in our branding journey.
On the Clinical Front, our achievements include:
- Pioneer in Dental Implants in Singapore – Our clinic’s late founder, Dr Henry Lee, first started placing titanium dental implants in Singapore back in 1984. Several decades later, the Specialist Dental Group team continues this strong foundation in dental implants with our dental specialists and dentists being opinion leaders in the latest implant innovations and developments.
- Asia’s first crown for a leopard – In January 2002, Dr Neo Tee Khin, our prosthodontist, fabricated a crown for a young leopard at the Singapore Night Safari, after it broke its tooth while chewing on a log. This was the first time a crown had been made for a leopard in Asia.
- First “live surgery” for the NobelGuide Teeth-in-an-Hour dental implant procedure in Indonesia – the Specialist Dental Group team collaborated with a leading university in Jakarta to place dental implants in a patient’s jaw within an hour in a “live” surgery event.
- First “live feed” for the NobelGuide Teeth-in-an-Hour dental implant surgery between Singapore and Indonesia – our dental team performed a “live surgery” at our clinic at the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre in Singapore while another team member delivered a lecture to dentists in Indonesia. Our Indonesian colleagues saw the procedure “live” and could ask questions of the surgeons in real time.
- First Singapore periodontist to perform the NobelGuide Teeth-in-an-Hour dental implant procedure – Dr Helena Lee, our gum specialist, was the first periodontist to perform the revolutionary dental implant procedure in Singapore.
- Performed multi-disciplinary procedure to restore quality of life to a patient with a jaw tumour – Our specialists, Dr Ansgar Cheng (prosthodontist) and Dr Ho Kok Sen (oral maxillofacial surgeon) worked together with an Ear Nose Throat Surgeon, Dr Andrew Loy, and plastic surgeon, Dr Erik Ang, to use part of a leg bone to replace a patient’s missing jaw that had been removed due to a tumour, and replaced a patient’s teeth with dental implants.
From the point of view of our staff internally, we were awarded:
- “Singapore HEALTH (Helping Employees Achieve Life-Time Health) Bronze Award 2014”
The award is presented by the Health Promotion Board to give national recognition to organisations with commendable Workplace Health Promotion (WHP) programmes. It honours organisations that strive to help their employees lead healthy and vibrant lives.