Alternative treatment – smile better with Invisalign Singapore
Invisalign is the modern alternative treatment for misaligned teeth. If you’re looking for an alternative to braces treatment, your dental specialist in Singapore will guide you through this process.
Invisalign straightens teeth using a series of custom-made, nearly invisible removable aligners.
Think of Invisalign as a contact lens for your teeth, one will barely notice you are wearing aligners that will move your teeth, bit by bit, towards their projected final position
What can Invisalign treatment help with?
Invisalign is becoming increasingly popular as a revolutionary orthodontic solution. This transparent aligner system addresses various dental concerns, providing patients with a discreet alternative to traditional braces. So, what can this treatment assist with?
- Overbite: In cases of excessive overbite, the upper front teeth cover a large portion of the lower ones. This can lead to trauma in the upper gums. Patients can effectively correct this misalignment with Invisalign, ensuring their smile is beautiful and healthy.
- Spacing: Noticeable gaps between teeth can be more than an aesthetic concern. Spaces can trap food easily, leading to tooth decay and gum problems. Thankfully, clear aligners such as Invisalign can solve such spacing issues.
- Crowded teeth: Invisalign addresses crowded teeth, a condition where the jaw lacks enough space, causing teeth to overlap, bunch up, or get pushed out of line. This treatment can create space and align teeth perfectly.
- Open bite: This condition sees the upper and lower teeth not meeting when the mouth is closed, impacting one’s appearance and potentially causing speech problems. With the help of a dentist, open bites can be effectively corrected.
- Crossbite: Patients with crossbites have upper teeth that sit behind their lower counterparts when they close their mouth. Invisalign treatments are tailored to adjust and rectify such bite anomalies.
- Underbite: Underbites can hinder daily functions like biting and chewing. This condition, where the lower teeth and jaw overshadow the upper teeth, can be efficiently addressed using Invisalign treatment.
By seeking Invisalign treatment from a reputable dental clinic in Singapore, you can ensure that these dental concerns are effectively addressed, giving you a confident and radiant smile.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Virtually invisible: It is suitable for people who would like to realign teeth discreetly.
- Minimal disruption to day-to-day activities: The clear aligners are removable, so you have the freedom to take it out whenever necessary (e.g. When brushing your teeth or eating). It is also great for individuals with busy schedules as Invisalign potentially requires less frequent visits to the dentist.
- Higher level of comfort: Invisalign uses the latest technologies to straighten teeth in a more comfortable manner.
Professional Practice in Singapore – Discover Your Best Smile with Invisalign
Professional clinics in Singapore have helped thousands of people just like yourself take control of their lives after undergoing treatments such as Invisalign. They have been able to eat, smile, talk and laugh confidently and comfortably. Whether you’re considering wisdom tooth extractions, gum treatments and dental implants to replace missing teeth or simply need a professional opinion on your overall dental health, we can provide you with expert advice. Contact us today via our enquiry form and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. You can also call us at (65) 6734 9393 (Mount Elizabeth Orchard) or (65) 6471 5150 (Gleneagles Medical Centre).
What is involved in the Invisalign treatment in Singapore?
For Invisalign treatment in Singapore, an orthodontist will bring the patient through a few stages, from consultation to after-care.
Your orthodontist will find out the details of your medical and dental history, go through a consultation and examination and take digital X-rays of your teeth and side profile to enable a thorough and detailed diagnosis to ascertain if you are suitable for Invisalign. Your orthodontist will also scan your teeth using the iTero machine and take photographs of your teeth and facial profile to create a comprehensive, customised treatment plan for you.
Two weeks later, the information previously submitted on your dental condition will be incorporated into the Clincheck 3-D software programme. This software lets your dental specialist show you a 3-D visualisation of your tooth movements and treatment outcomes. This software maps out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth and the approximate length of treatment. Changes can be made to the treatment plan at this point. Once the proposed plan is confirmed, your aligners will be fabricated at the Invisalign Headquarters.
Four to six weeks later, based on your individual treatment plan, a series of custom-made, clear aligners will be fabricated. These aligners are made of a smooth, comfortable, BPA-free plastic that does not irritate the cheeks and gums. A patient start-up and orthodontic care kit will also be given to you. Your dental specialist will prescribe your aligners based on your treatment progress. You will need to wear the aligners throughout the day, and remove them when you eat or to brush and floss your teeth. As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth gently and gradually begin to shift into place.
The first review visit will be approximately two to three weeks after you have started wearing the aligners. Your dental specialist will check your aligners for fit and comfort. Subsequently, you will be given two to three sets of aligners. Each pair of aligners is worn for about two to three weeks before progressing to the next pair. You will sequentially move up each pair of aligners till the next review with your dental specialist. Review visits are scheduled about six to eight weeks apart. For the best results and a timely outcome, you should wear your aligners throughout the day, unless you are eating and/or drinking. Ideally, you should wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day. Sometimes, your tooth may need to be filed down a little to obtain space to align the teeth. Tooth coloured composite attachments are also sometimes bonded to your teeth to obtain more control in certain tooth movements.
You should be able to resume your normal daily activities immediately with no down time. Some individuals may take a day or two to get used to the appliance in their mouths. There may be a general feeling of tightness as teeth are being shifted but the edges of the aligners should not cut you. Speech may be affected for the first couple of days, but you will get used to it and be able to speak normally with continuous wear.
Keep your aligners clean by brushing them with your toothbrush and toothpaste when you go about your daily oral regime. When rinsing your mouth, use cool water. Do not soak your aligners in any special solutions or hot water as it will cause the plastic to distort. Always carry your aligner case with you and keep your aligners in them upon removal to prevent losing, breaking or distorting them.
At the end of your Invisalign treatment, you will require retainers. They maintain your teeth in the corrected positions and are usually worn at night.
Your new smile requires the same care as your natural teeth – flossing, brushing, and regular dental check-ups with your dentist in Singapore every six months will ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy.
Invisalign treatment fee in Singapore?
Fees will depend on the treatment processes recommended based on the condition of your existing teeth.
Medisave does not apply to Invisalign treatment. However, if you are a Singaporean or Permanent Resident of Singapore, Medisave can be used for other dental treatments required such as wisdom tooth surgery.
For more details on Medisave coverage, please visit the Medisave page.
Depending on the individual, other treatments like wisdom teeth extraction may be required before one starts on Invisalign treatment. The fees incurred depend on the type and extent of treatment required.
The information provided above is of a general nature only as you would need to be examined by dental specialists in order to confirm the best treatment option for you.
|Consultation & Examination
|S$80 – 200
|2 Digital X-rays (Orthopantomogram & Cephalometric X-rays)
|Invisalign Lite (for mild cases, or relapse cases)
|S$6,500 – $6,700
|Invisalign retainers (additional set by patient’s request)
*All fees are subject to prevailing Singapore Goods and Services Tax.
*All fees are subject to change without prior notice.
A deposit of S$3,000 is collected during the first visit after an impression of your teeth is made.
Another deposit of S$2,500 will be collected during the second visit, after you approve your 3-D visualisation of your tooth movements.
Payment for the remaining balance is made during subsequent review visits in instalments of S$350 (or S$450) each time.
Meet our orthodontist in Singapore
Smile straightening treatment by an internationally qualified orthodontics team.