Dr Irene Sim
Get to know Dr Irene and her specialty
Dr Irene Sim is an Endodontist with Specialist Dental Group®. She received her specialty training in Endodontics from the National University of Singapore. Dr Sim has a special interest in dental traumatology, revascularisation, apexification, non-vital bleaching & cracked teeth management.
Certification & Accreditations
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery – National University of Singapore (2006)
- Masters of Science in Dentistry (Endodontics) – National University of Singapore (2011)
- Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- Membership in Endodontics, Edinburgh (2011)
- Endodontist, Specialist Register, Singapore Dental Council
- Recipient, ORH ACP Young Clinician Publication Award (2016)
- Lecturer, Nanyang Polytechnic OHT Diploma (Diploma in Hygiene & Therapy) (2013 – 2015)
- Member, Society of Endodontists Singapore
- Member, Singapore Dental Association
- Member, AM-EI (Academic Medicine Education Institute) (2013-2016)
- Volunteer, Tzu Chi International Medical Association
- Publication in Journal of Endodontics: Decision Making for Retention of Endodontically Treated Posterior Cracked Teeth: A 5-year Follow-up Study. J Endod. 2016 Feb;42(2):225-9. (One of the Top 4 Endodontic Journals in February 2016)
Conference Speaker/Other News
- Nominated, SingHealth Publish! Award (2016)
- Recipient, Singapore Health Quality Service Award (Silver) (2011-2012)
- Received compliment by patient on The Straits Times (2010)
- 2013, 2014, 2015 – Nanyang Polytechnic OHT students; Root Canal Treatment
- 1st July 2014 – CDSS Study Club, Revascularisation revisited
- 2012 – Restorative Dentistry Forum, Amelogenesis Imperfecta
- 12 Oct 2011 – Restorative Dentistry Forum, Revascularization: Does it work?
Specialist Dental Group in 2021: Year in Review
Many people were hoping (us included!) that we could bid farewell to Covid-19 in 2021, however that did not happen. In the past 12 months, Singapore......
Mount Elizabeth Orchard
3 Mount Elizabeth, #08-03/04/10
Gleneagles Medical Centre
6 Napier Road, #07-17
All of our dental clinics are centrally located in Singapore.
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Closed on Sundays/ Public Holidays
For urgent matters, please contact us directly at the emergency contact number on your dentist's card, or the Mount Elizabeth A&E department at (65) 6731-2218, or Gleneagles A&E department at (65) 6470-5700.