2010 was an eventful year for Specialist Dental Group. We thought it would be good to review what happened during the year before we embark on a fresh new year. Join us as we recap the past 365 days in 2010…
2010 was a year of several ground-breaking procedures / events for Specialist Dental Group. In February 2010, our team of dental specialists and nurses were in Jakarta to collaborate with Trisakti University in the first “Live Surgery” of the NobelGuide Teeth-in-an-Hour procedure to be performed in Indonesia. An audience of several hundred Indonesian dentists watched as dental implants and teeth were placed on a patient within an hour. The patient was able to eat immediately after the surgery.
In November, our clinic conducted a NobelActive workshop in Indonesia where a “Live Surgery” that was performed in Singapore was webcast in real time to the audience in Jakarta. The audience of dentists in Indonesia were able to listen to the commentary of the two clinicians in Singapore and ask questions about the procedure.
Our dental specialists also teamed up with a leading ENT surgeon and plastic surgeon at the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre to perform a ground-breaking procedure restoring function to a patient’s jaw and teeth, within 3.5 months (usual time would have been 6-12 months).
Achievements and Awards
2010 was also the year where our clinic received several awards, including being one of three finalists in the “Best Healthcare Experience” category of the Singapore Experience Awards 2010. We were delighted and honoured to be in the company of such established and significantly larger healthcare providers.
Specialist Dental Group was awarded Diamond Partner status with NobelBiocare, a status given to those clinics/dentists who have performed a significant volume of dental implant procedures. Our orthodontist, Dr Eugene Chan, continued his status as Invisalign Platinum Elite provider, a status which indicates providers with the highest level of experience with Invisalign treatment based on the number of patients treated.
New Cosmetic Dentistry Video
We were delighted to launch our Cosmetic Dentistry video, featuring MediaCorp Artiste, Nick Shen, who shared about his experience with gum plastic surgery and crowns/veneers at our clinic.
Teaching and Speaking Activities
Our dental team continued to be active in teaching at the National University of Singapore and in speaking at conferences and workshops regionally and locally. Some of the countries where our specialists visited in 2010 included:
- Medan, Indonesia – Dr Cheng spoke at the Indonesian Dental Association’s Medan Esthetic Dentistry Conference;
- New York, USA – Drs Neo and Ho attended the Nobel Biocare Global Symposium, an invitation only gathering of renowed opinion leaders and international clinicians;
- Hong Kong – Dr Cheng spoke at the HKIDEAS Convention;
- Vietnam – Dr Ho spoke at the Ho Chi Minh City National Hospital Congress and performed a Live Surgery at the Nobel Active Launch;
- Jakarta, Indonesia – Dr Ho gave three talks at a seminar on Holistic Dentistry organized by the Indonesian Dental Association;
- Manila, Philippines – Dr Neo lectured at the Philippines Dental Association’s 102nd Scientific Session;
- Johor, Malaysia – Dr Leong spoke at the Singapore Dental Association-Malaysian Dental Association convention; and
- Taipei, Taiwan – Dr Cheng spoke at the Association for Dental Sciences of the Republic of China meeting
Interact with us Online
The Specialist Dental Group website was revamped in 2010 (we hope you like the changes!!) – updating our website is an ongoing process and we are always open to your feedback on how we can improve our website in order to make your browsing experience a more useful and enjoyable one.
In 2010, we also upgraded our Blog, and added a Dentists Blog section so that you could have an insight into what our dental specialists were thinking about. Those interested in learning about specific treatments can also read about the experience of others who had gone through the same procedure in our Patients Stories section of the Blog.
The Specialist Dental Group Facebook page continues to grow – we have over 1,700 “Likes” to date and would love to interact more with our Facebook friends. We are also on Linked In and Twitter, and you can watch our videos on YouTube.
We look forward to a productive year in 2011 and warmly wish you and your family a Happy and Healthy New Year. Stay in touch!!