Most ladies would carry a beauty kit or a make-up pouch in their handbags. It could be as basic as a lipstick and compact powder or sometimes as elaborate as a complete set of make-up. The question is – how many of you would consider a toothbrush and toothpaste as part of your essential beauty kit?
The fact is that you may have a perfect complexion, lovely red lips, long curly eye lashes framing large smoky eyes, but all this is not complete without a pearly white smile.
Even as you put in effort in keeping your skin glowing and your body in shape, here are a few tips that are useful to keep your teeth healthy and stain-free:
- Choose the right toothbrush. Toothbrushes with a small brush head and soft bristles are a perfect choice to ensure that you can properly clean the teeth in the back of your mouth.
- Keep a toothbrush and mini toothpaste in your bag. A toothbrush is light and small (just like keeping a pen in your bag), and toothpastes come in mini sizes too. With these must-have items in your bag, you can’t make any excuses for not brushing your teeth when you are outside the house anymore.
- Make time to brush! It is pointless if you carry around your toothpaste and toothbrush but never put them to use. It will take you only 2 minutes to brush. After meals, make it a habit to brush your teeth when you also touch up your make-up, as you usually do anyway.
- The right brushing technique. Brush in a circular direction and make sure you brush thoroughly (upper left and right and lower left and right of your mouth, including your gums) and gently. With the right toothbrush and brushing technique, you save yourselves from potential bad breath and food trapped in between your teeth for the rest of your day. In the long run, you will benefit greatly from this habit.
- Floss at least once daily, at the end of day. You can take your time to floss thoroughly when you are home.
With these tips, there are fewer excuses for not brushing your teeth after every meal.
What are some of the reasons that have hindered you from brushing after every meal? Do share with us – and let’s see how we can work together to come up with a solution.