- Dr. Daylene Leong is now a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. She is fully qualified as a gum specialist in the USA.
- Dr Elvin Leong gave a talk on 20 June 2012 on the topic "Treatment planning considerations for the completely edentulous patient" at the College of Dental Surgeons, Singapore.
- The Specialist Dental Group staff attended a workshop conducted by Prime Practice from Australia on Practice Management
- The Specialist Dental Group team was at the IDEM exhibition and meeting and our nurses attended the hands-on dental implants workshop as part of their continuing training.
- Dr Ansgar Cheng was in Hong Kong to give two lectures at the Conjoint Scientific Meeting/Fellowship Day of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons and the Hong Kong Prosthetic Dentistry Society.
- Specialist Dental Group staffs participated in Nike Goddess 5km Run on Sentosa Island.
- Dr. Helena Lee attended a hands-on workshop in micro-surgical techniques "Clinical Success for Implants in the Aesthetic Zone" organized by the Society of Periodontology Singapore and Asia Implant Institute
- Specialist Dental Group’s Chinese Website is ‘live’ now. Chinese patients can obtain more information on the clinic and dentists’ background and make online appointment booking requests from our website.
- The Specialist Dental Group team took part in their first 2012 team event: Terry Fox Run on Jan 15 at East Coast Park to raise funds for cancer research.
- Dr Ansgar Cheng is appointed as an Honorary Clinical Associate Professor by Hong Kong University, for the period of 1/12/2011 - 30/11/2012.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin and Dr. Elvin Leong was in Bandung to give Lecture on "Restoration of Endodotically Treated Teeth" and "Case Documentation – Digital Protography" at University of Maranatha.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin spoke on "Management of Edentulous Mandible" at the National Seminar Holistic Dentistry II 2011 in Jakarta, organized by Indonesian Dental Association, Depok Branch.
- Specialist Dental Group Russian website is now "live"
- Dr Daylene Leong was in the USA attending the American Academy of Periodontology Annual Meeting where she was presenting a poster "Comparison of Guided Bone Augmentation and Block Graft for Vertical Ridge Augmentation in the Posterior Mandible" at the conference
- Dr Elvin Leong was in Medan, Indonesia, speaking on "Treatment planning considerations for the completely edentulous patient" at the 5th regional dental meeting & exhibition, university of sumatera utara
- Specialist Dental Group had been announced as a Winner of the Singapore Prestige Brand Award 2011 - Promising Brands. Dr Neo Tee Khin accepted the award from the ASME and the Lianhe Zaobao
- Dr Francis Lee attended the Asia Pacific Invisalign Forum in Phuket, Thailand and also a workshop on Lingual braces.
- Dr Eugene Chan spoke at several orthodontics conferences : Australasian Society of Lingual Orthodontists (Singapore), Asia Pacific Invisalign Forum (Thailand), and Invisalign Providers Workshop (Beijing, China).
- Dr Ansgar Cheng spoke on "Occlusal and Loading in Implant Prosthodontics" in Phnom Penh, Cambodia at the 3rd International Dental Conference & Expodent
- Dr Neo Tee Khin spoke on "Secrets of Building a Successful Practice" as part of the year-long NobelBiocare Young Dentists Coaching Program in Jakarta, Indonesia
- Specialist Dental Group had 3 posters being presented at the IADR (International Association for Dental Research) meeting in Singapore.
- Specialist Dental Group was one of 3 finalists in the "Best Healthcare Experience" category of the Singapore Experience Awards 2011.
- Dr Helena Lee spoke on "Periodontal Soft Tissue Management to Enhance Esthetic Outcomes" on Tuesday Oct 18 at the Mount Elizabeth Dental Journal Club meeting
- A record 25 runners from Specialist Dental Group completed the 5km SAFRA Fun Run in our brand new SDG running t-shirt. Everyone ran well and we were all in good spirits after the run.
- We warmly welcomed Dr Daylene Leong, the latest addition to the Specialist Dental Group clinical team. Dr Leong is a dental surgeon with advanced training in periodontics from the University of Michigan.
- Dr Neo Tee Khin gave a talk at the Quintessence Grand Prix Dental Conference on "Incorporating CAD CAM into your dental practice"
- Dr Elizabeth Tan spoke on "Dental Management of the Medically Compromised Child" at the Dental Journal Study Club of Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- Dr Ho Kok Sen was in Jakarta to speak on Managing Complications in Minor Oral Surgery as part of NobelBiocare's Young Dentist Coaching Program
- Dr Ansgar Cheng was in Jakarta as part of the NobelBiocare Young Dentists Coaching Program. He spoke on "Practical Prosthodontics in Everyday Practice"
- Drs Ansgar Cheng and Neo Tee Khin were the opening speaker and the closing speaker respectively during the Prosthodontic Society Singapore 20th anniversary symposium
- Five of our dental specialists spoke on different aspects of dentistry and highlighted the latest developments in the field during the dental Seminar organized by Specialist Dental Group and Channel NewsAsia at Suntec Convention Centre. More than 500 people attended the event.
- The staff from Specialist Dental Group participated in 2 runs, the Great Eastern Run and the Shape run.
- Specialist Dental Group opened its third clinic at the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre – our new clinic is at Unit #08-03 (same floor as our other two clinics). Dr Elizabeth Tan, our pediatric dentist, will be based at the new unit.
- Dr Elvin Leong was in Jakarta to speak on Digital Photography as part of the Nobel Biocare Young Dentists Study Club
- Dr Ho Kok Sen gave a talk at the First Congress of Implant Dentistry in Vietnam. Topics included minimally invasive surgery to optimize functional and esthetic results and implant placement on models with Nobel Active implant.
- Dr. Elizabeth Tan joined our dental team. Dr. Tan is a paediatric dentist, a specialty which deals with oral health and dental needs from birth to adolescence.
- Dr Helena Lee paid it forward in memory of her father - the late Dr Henry Lee, founder of Specialist Dental Group by establishing the Henry Lee TL Medal and Prize in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The Medal will be awarded to the best student with Distinction in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the final Masters of Dental Surgery examination.
- Dr Ho Kok Sen was in Jakarta to give a lecture on the Interpretation of CT scans/x-rays as part of the NobelBiocare Young Dentists Coaching Program.
- Dr Neo Tee Khin was in Jakarta to launch the first session of the Young Dentists Coaching Program with NobelBiocare. He spoke on Luting and Cementation.
- Dr Helena Lee gave an excellent presentation at the launch of the Oral B Healthier Teeth, Healthier Singapore campaign to raise awareness on plaque and the importance of oral health.
- Dr Neo Tee Khin and Dr Ho Kok Sen performed the NobelGuide Teeth-in-an-Hour to a group of dentists from Malaysia.
- Dr. Helena Lee attended a hands-on workshop in micro-surgical techniques "Clinical Success for Implants in the Aesthetic Zone" organized by the Society of Periodontology Singapore and Asia Implant Institute
- Specialist Dental Group's Japanese Website is 'live' now. Japanese reading patients can obtain more information on the clinic and dentists' background and our main dental services from the Japanese website.
- Specialist Dental Group was proud to be support the annual Canadian Teddy Bear & Toy Drive.
- The clinic and staff of Specialist Dental Group supported World Vision's Tree of Life Campaign and also made Life Changing Gifts for needy children and families in Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, China, Mongolia, India, and Zambia.
- Several more of our clinical staff obtained Invisalign accreditation to better serve patients who are looking for a new way to straighten teeth without braces
- Dr Elvin Leong gave a presentation on "Management of Complications in Implant Dentistry" at the NUS Graduate Dental Implantology Alumni meeting
- Dr Ansgar Cheng gave lecture to the graduate dental students at the Taipei Medical University
- Dr Ansgar Cheng spoke in Taiwan at the Association for Dental Sciences of the Republic of China meeting
- Drs Ansgar Cheng, Neo Tee Khin, Helena Lee, and Elvin Leong were conferred as Fellows of the College of Dental Surgeons, Singapore.
- Dr Ansgar Cheng was interviewed by Voice of America radio about the risk of jaw injury from eating super-sized burgers
- Dr Elvin Leong spoke on treatment planning/crowns in Malaysia at Singapore Dental Association-Malaysian Dental Association convention.
- Dr Tee Khin Neo lectured on Functional and Biologic Esthetics in Manila at the Philippines Dental Association's 102nd Scientific Session
- Three dentists from Specialist Dental Group - Dr Helena Lee, Dr Ho Kok Sen and Dr Elvin Leong, spent an afternoon with the residents of Marine Parade Community Centre as part of their Health Talk series, to update them about dental health.
- Dr Elvin Leong spoke on "Aesthetics & Function in Dental Implantology" at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital Dental Journal Club.
- Dr Ho Kok Sen gave three talks in Jakarta, Indonesia at a seminar on Holistic Dentistry organized by the Indonesian Dental Association.
- Dr Ho Kok Sen spoke at the Ho Chi Minh City National Hospital Congress and performed a Live Surgery at the Nobel Active Launch in Vietnam.
- Our prosthodontists attended a two day Advanced Restorative Course on Removable Prosthodontics & Implant Dentistry by Professor John Beumer (UCLA)
- Specialist Dental Group became a Diamond Partner of Nobel Biocare, a status granted to clinics/dentists who are very experienced in dental implants.
- Dr Ho Kok Sen's interview with 93.8 Live FM Radio on "Managing Dry Mouth (Xerostomia) in Sjogren Syndrome" has now been uploaded to our Website and Youtube account.
- Dr Ansgar Cheng was in Hong Kong to celebrate the 20th anniversary of his graduation from dental school
- Dr Neo Tee Khin and Dr Ho Kok Sen were in New York attending the Nobel Biocare Global Symposium, an invitation only gathering of renowned opinion leaders and international clinicians
- Dr Ansgar Cheng spoke on Practical Prosthodontics in a Multidisciplinary Environment at HKIDEAS Convention in Hong Kong
- Dr Ansgar Cheng was appointed to the Editorial Board of CAD/CAM, international magazine of digital dentistry (Dental Tribune International)
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin presented a topic on "Mini Implants - Does it Have a Role in Dentistry?", at the Mount Elizabeth Dental Journal Club.
- Dr. Eugene Chan conducted a clinical workshop on Invisalign, 'New Clinical Predictability Features & Troubleshooting ClinCheck' .
- Dr Ansgar Cheng presented 'Immediate implant loading: what are the rules?' at the University of Nebraska Medical Centre.
- Dr Ansgar Cheng spoke on Esthetic Management in Prosthodontics at Medan Esthetic Dentistry, organized by Indonesian Dental Association.
- Dr Ho spoke on Managing Dry Mouth during the launching of the Sjogren 's syndrome Club, Singapore
- Dr. Helena Lee presented on the topic of Dental Assessments of Medically Compromised Patients, at the Mount Elizabeth Dental Journal Club.
- Dr. Ho Kok Sen spoke on Management of Difficult Third Molar Extraction, organized by Singapore Dental Association
- Dr Neo and Dr Ho were in Jakarta to present a workshop on NobelGuide Teeth-in-an-Hour dental implants procedure. About 200 dentists attended the event which was organized by Nobel Biocare and Indonesian Society of Implant Dentistry with collaboration from Trisakti University.
- Dr Ansgar Cheng spoke on "Management of the Undo-able Cases: Prosthodontic & Surgical Considerations" at the Mount Elizabeth Dental Journal Club meeting.
- Our article on the management of full mouth prosthodontic rehabilitation using CAD/CAM zirconium oxide crowns was translated into Polish and published in Cosmetic Dentistry Polish edition.
- We are pleased to support the Canadian Association of Singapore's Teddy Bear Drive. This year's beneficiary is the Spastic Children's Association of Singapore. We are also supporting WorldVision's Tree of Life project which encourages child sponsorship to make a difference in someone's life.
- Our clinical article on maxillary prosthodontic implant rehabilitation using a CAD/CAM fixed prosthesis was published in Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Dr. Elvin Leong spoke about “Principles of Tooth Preparation for Complete Crown Coverage Restoration” for the Prosthodontic Society (Singapore).
- Our clinical article on prosthodontic management of mutilated dentition was translated and published in the Romanian edition of Cosmetic Dentistry magazine
- Our article on using a CAD/CAM-guided immediately loaded provisional implant prosthesis was published in the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry
- Dr Helena Lee spoke about The Impact of Dental Assessments on Medically Compromised Patients at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital symposium
- Dr Eugene Chan spoke at the Invisalign accreditation workshop in Sydney Australia on November 20
- Dr Ansgar Cheng was in Kuta, Bali from November 20-21 to give two lectures at the NASIB/AAO conference in Indonesia
- Specialist Dental Group had a visit by 60 children from the Kiddiewinkie Place and their teachers on November 4th.
- Dr Eugene Chan was in Taipei to conduct the Invisalign Accreditation workshop and Advanced Users Meeting for orthodontists and dentists
- Specialist Dental Group had just installed a CT scanner and digital xrays capability in our clinic - more updates on this soon
- Dr Helena Lee is currently a Clinical Tutor at the National University of Singapore.
- Dr Ansgar Cheng and Dr Helena Lee's clinical article on "Fixed Prosthodontics Management of a Mutilated Dentition: A Team Approach" was published in Dental Tribune Asia Pacific Edition
- Dr Ansgar Cheng spoke on "Latest Technology to help you smile with confidence" at "Your Smile: More to it than you know" - a public forum organized by the Singapore Dental Association and Sensodyne in conjunction with the FDI World Dental Congress.
- Dr Helena Lee was an invited speaker at the Asia Pacific Society of Periodontology meeting last month. She spoke on "Immediate loading of implants in fully edentulous arches: A private practice experience". Her topic reflected the combined work of our team of surgeons and prosthodontists.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin was invited to speak at the Anti Aging Medicine & Expo 2009 event (JAK – IMAGE 09) in Jakarta, Indonesia, on how dentistry can put the sparkle back into people's smiles. He also spoke at the Annual Scientific Meeting of the Malaysian Association of Aesthetic Dentistry in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the same weekend.
- Dr Ansgar Cheng spoke on "Treatment Planning for the 21st Century" at the Asian Pacific Dental Students Association meeting in Penang, Malaysia
- Dr. Elvin Leong was an invited speaker at the Asian Pacific Dental Students Association meeting in Penang, Malaysia, where he spoke on "Principles of Tooth Preparation for complete crown coverage restorations"
- Dr Elvin Leong was an invited speaker at the Indonesia Prosthodontic Scientific Meeting in Surabaya, Indonesia. He spoke on Treatment Planning Considerations for the Completely Edentulous Patient.
- The Specialist Dental Group - Channel NewsAsia dental seminar, Putting the Sparkle Back into your Smile, received an overwhelming response. It was a full-house event and attendees spent an afternoon learning about the latest developments in dentistry, the connection between oral health and a healthy body, and how dental procedures can be pain-free
- A trailer for the Specialist Dental Group™- Channel NewsAsia's Dental Seminar , “Putting the Sparkle Back into your Smile” started being broadcast on Channel NewsAsia. The Event will be held on Saturday, August 1 at the Suntec Convention Centre, Level 2, from 2pm – 5:30 pm.
- Specialist Dental Group launched Phase 1 of its revamped website and introduced its new clinic logo.
- Dr. Eugene Chan was the invited speaker at the Invisalign® Accreditation workshop in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Dr. Eugene Chan spoke on “Invisalign®: the Invisible Truth” at a meeting of the Taiwan Association of Orthodontists
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng spoke on Aesthetic Prosthodontics which is organized by Malaysian Association of Aesthetic Dentistry (MAAD)
- Dr. Eugene Chan presented a workshop on Invisalign® Accreditation in Sydney, Australia.
- Dr. Ho Kok Sen spoke at the Manipal College of Dental Science, Manglore, India on the topic of Oral Implantology.
- Dr. Elvin Leong gave a presentation for a public forum (Chinese) on the topic of "Losing your precious teeth – The dentist has options for replacement" organized by the Punggol Community Centre with Dr. Pang Chin Heng.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng gave a presentation in May at the University of Nebraska Medical Centre in Omaha, USA on the topic of Clinical considerations of implant supported overdentures.
- Specialist Dental Group™ uploaded an Invisalign® (Clear Aligner) Video to YouTube , its Facebook page and our Blog. The Invisalign® video shows how the clear aligners work to straighten teeth in an aesthetic and virtually invisible manner.
- Dr. Helena Lee spoke on "Periodontics: Where function meets aesthetics. A role for hard and soft tissue grafting" at the Singapore Dental Association Continuing Professional Education Program.
- Dr. Ho Kok Sen was the speaker for the Nobel Biocare Mentor Programme – "Quick Start with NobelActive" and performed a live surgery demonstration to other oral surgeons.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin was in Jakarta, Indonesia to speak to the Basic Science to Implantology and Dental Implantology Study Group, organized by Indonesian Dental Association and Dr. Bastian Dental Clinic.
- Dr. Elvin Leong spoke on "Tooth Preparations for Complete Crown Coverage Restorations" at an event organized by National Dental Care.
- Dr. Ho Kok Sen spoke on the topic, "Management of Difficult Third Molar Extraction" in a talk organized by the Singapore Dental Association.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin was invited to speak at the Health Science University of Mongolia in Ulaanbaatar. He also appeared on Mongolian television and in an article on dental implants in the local newspaper, Daily News.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin and Dr. Ho Kok Sen were invited speakers at an Implant Seminar organized by Indonesian Society of Implant Dentistry in Jakarta.
- Specialist Dental Group™ hosted a public forum – Smiling with Confidence, in Mandarin, which was well attended. Dr Neo Tee Khin and Dr Ho Kok Sen spoke on Permanent Solutions for Problematic Denture as well as Holistic Health and Oral .
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin, Dr. Ho Kok Sen and Dr. Ansgar Cheng had an article published in the Dental Tribune, Croatian & BiH Edition. The article was on the Functional Reconstruction and aesthetic management of the anterior maxillary segment.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng spoke on "Keeping a Healthy Smile in Your Golden Years" at the 50+ Expo 2009 at Suntec Convention Centre while Dr. Neo Tee Khin and Dr. Ho Kok Sen answered questions on dental implants and crowns at the Nobel Biocare Booth at the Expo.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng's article on “For that Perfect Smile: Upgrades in the Cosmetic Dentistry Toolkit” appeared in the December issue of Medical Grapevine.
- Dr. Ho Kok Sen spoke on the topic, “Oral Cancer – What you should Know” as part of Parkway Health’s Community Health Education Symposium on “A New Perspective for Cancer Management – Find it & Beat It!.” The symposium was held on December 6, 2008 at the Orchard Parade Hotel in Singapore.
- Specialist Dental Group™ released its Corporate Video and Teeth-in-an-Hour™ implants patient education video on YouTube.com , its blog and Facebook. It is the first dental clinic in Singapore to release a video online. The Teeth-in-an-Hour™ patient video tells the story of a patient’s experience going through the Teeth-in-an-Hour™ implant procedure at Specialist Dental Group™.
- November is looking to be a busy speaking month for the Specialist Dental Group™ team. On November 2, Dr. Ansgar Cheng, Dr Helena Lee, Dr. Patricia Yeong and Dr. Ho Kok Sen gave a presentation at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital Annual Symposium. Dr. Cheng presented on the topic, "A Longitudinal Study of Mandibular Endosseous Implant Rehabilitation with Immediate Functional Loading." Dr. Lee's presentation was on "Multi-Disciplinary Management of Excessive Gingival Display: A Surgical and Restorative Approach" while Dr. Yeong's topic was on ""Invisible" CAD-CAM Orthodontic Braces (Invisalign®): A New Paradigm?." Dr. Ho spoke on "Nobel Active: A New and Innovative Biological Implant System - Our Clinical Experience."
- Dr Neo Tee Khin spoke on "New Concepts in the Management of the Resorbed Mandible" and "Restoration of Endodontically Treated Teeth – Clinical Update" at the Malaysian Dental Association and Singapore Dental Association Joint Scientific Conference 2008 in Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- The following week, Dr. Elvin Leong will speak at the Academy of Medicine, Singapore – Singapore Dental Association Study Club on the topic of "Tooth Preparations for Complete Coverage Crown Restorations – A Revisit." The same day, Dr. Ansgar Cheng will be in Hong Kong to present a talk on the topic of "Total Rehabilitation: A Multidisciplinary Approach" to the Hong Kong Dental Association.
- On Saturday, November 15, Specialist Dental Group™ will be hosting its first Public Forum – Smiling with Confidence. More details at the Events section of this website – admission is free but registration is required as seating is limited.
- At the end of November, Dr. Ansgar Cheng and Dr Helena Lee will presenting lectures at the 7th Penang Dental Scientific Congress in Malaysia. Dr Cheng will be speaking on "Immediate Implant Loading: What are the Rules?" and Dr Lee will speak on "Soft Tissue and Hard Tissue Regeneration: Practical and Scientific Considerations." They will both address "Practical Solutions to Clinical Complications" and "Full Oral Rehabilitation: A Team Approach for an Optimal Outcome."
- Dr Ho Kok Sen was in Chennai, India to lecture for Nobel Biocare in its “Total Implant Proficiency” program. The same month he was invited by the Academy of Oral Implantology to be a Main Podium Speaker on “Bone Grafting in Implant Dentistry” at the 3rd International Congress of Oral Implantology in New Delhi, India.
- Dr. Ho presented a lecture and workshop on Nobel Active Dental Implants in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in mid October.
- Dr Helena Lee presented a paper entitled “A Prospective Study of CAD/CAM-Guided Immediate-Loaded Implant Treatment Protocol” at the 2008 International Society of Maxillofacial Rehabilitation in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Specialist Dental Group™ is pleased to announce the official opening of our second clinic at Unit #08-08, Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. The opening of the second clinic effectively doubles the clinic space and reflects the growing depth and breadth of the specialty services provided by the dental team. Our new clinic is just across the corridor from our existing clinic at Unit #08-10. Having these two clinics on the 8th Floor of the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre enables us to provide multidisciplinary dental services under one roof.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng made a presentation to the Academy of Medicine, Singapore - Singapore Dental Association Study Club on "Evidence-based Immediate Loading of Dental Implants"
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng was interviewed on the Healthy Life show (Metro TV, Jakarta, Indonesia) about Oral Cancer. He also spoke on Maxillofacial Prosthodontics at the Asia-Pacific Dental Students Association Conference in Surabaya, Indonesia on August 13, 2008
- Specialist Dental Group™ is pleased to announce that Dr. Ho Kok Sen (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon), Dr Elvin Leong (Prosthodontist) and Dr Eugene Chan (Orthodontist) have joined our dental team. Our team of internationally trained/qualified dental specialists has now expanded to 7 dentists.
- Specialist Dental Group™ was an active supporter of the Nobel Biocare World Tour in Singapore. Dr. Neo Tee Khin and Dr. Ho Kok Sen were presenters for the Scientific Program. Dr. Ansgar C Cheng spoke on the topic of "Perfect Smile: A Novel Technology for Today's Treatment" at the Public Seminar. The Group also submitted a total of 9 scientific posters for the Poster Competition and won 4 awards.
- Specialist Dental Group™ was profiled in Dental Tribune: Asia Pacific Edition in an article titled, "Singapore's Specialist Dental Group™ combines solid roots with a hi-tech approach." The article mentions that the clinic was founded in the late 1970s but is a modern-day clinic featuring an internationally trained staff that has caught the attention of regional dental tourists.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng gave a lecture at the University of Nebraska Medical School in early May. He will also be speaking at the Convocation of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons / Hong Kong Dental Council Meeting in Hong Kong the same month.
- Specialist Dental Group™ now provides orthodontics (braces) services. Dr. Patricia Yeong, our Consultant Orthodontist, has recently joined the dental team. She has been a member of the teaching staff at the National University of Singapore since 2005 and was previously an Associate Consultant at the National Dental Centre.
- Dr. Helena Lee and Dr Ansgar Cheng were featured on ChannelNewsAsia's show, Prime Time Morning. Dr. Lee was interviewed on periodontal (gum) care and Dr Cheng was invited on the show to answer viewers' questions.
- Dr. Helena Lee was also interviewed in the Straits Times' Health Supplement, Mind Your Body, on when children should go on their first dental visit.
- Dr Neo Tee Khin was featured on Prime Time Morning's (ChannelNewsAsia) special series on dentistry, Say Ahh, on teeth whitening procedures. Dr Neo was also in Jakarta, Indonesia for a 2-day Implant Dentistry Training Course to train Indonesian dentists on dental implants.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng spoke on (Re)Creating a Winning Smile at the 24th Millionaire's Summit in Singapore, organized by MillionaireAsia magazine.
- Dr. Helena Lee, Dr. Neo and Dr. Cheng were featured among the panel of dental experts for PrimeTime Morning's series, "Say Ahh" on ChannelNews Asia.
- Henry Lee Dental Surgery is renamed Specialist Dental Group™. During the transition period, it will be known as Specialist Dental Group (Henry Lee Dental Surgery). According to Dr. Ansgar C. Cheng and Dr. Neo Tee Khin, the change of name was to better reflect the breadth and depth of the clinic's dental team. The Group currently comprises dentists who have been internationally trained in the areas of prosthodontics (teeth replacement), periodontics (gum therapy) and endodontics (root canal therapy). Several more specialty areas will be added in the coming months, as the group expands to offer services in other areas.
- Specialist Dental Group™ was featured on the ChannelNewsAsia television show, "The Medical Touch" in segments on TMJ Disorders and Teeth-in-an-Hour.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng and Dr Neo Tee Khin were profiled in the MillionaireAsia magazine, distributed in Singapore and Indonesia.
- The enactment of the Dental Registration Act on January 1, 2008 ushered in a new era of dentistry in Singapore with the establishment of the Dental Specialists Register. Dr. Ansgar Cheng is a member of the Dental Specialist Accreditation Board, and both Dr Cheng and Dr Neo sit on the Dental Specialist Assessment Committee for the specialty area of Prosthodontics (Teeth Replacement).
- Dr Neo Tee Khin's patients are profiled in the Shin Min newspaper in an article on the Teeth-in-an-Hour procedure.
- Dr. Helena Lee's article on Tooth Loss in Children appears in Today's Parents magazine.
- Dr Ansgar Cheng spoke at the National Dental Centre on "Endosseous Implant Immediate Loading: Prosthodontic and Surgical Considerations".
- Our clinic is proud to support the American Association of Singapore / American Women's Association's Simply Fashion event.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin appeared on the television program, Good Morning Singapore, to provide information about Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorders.
- Our clinic is pleased to be a Sponsor of the Canadian Christmas Teddy Bear Drive 2007, organized by the Canadian Association of Singapore. The goal is to provide new teddy bears to the children at the KK Women's and Children Hospital and also to raise funds for the KK Hospital Endowment Fund which helps financially needy children in Singapore access medical care. The clinic donated SGD$5,000 and our staff helped to collect 23 bears for the children. In the photo, Dr. Helena Lee, Celia, Mercy and Helen pose with some of the bears that were collected. For more information on how you can support this worthy effort, click here.
- Our clinic and its dentists were featured in the Indonesian daily newspapers, Surya and Suara Pembaruan.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng spoke on Immediate Loading of Dental Implants at the International Dental Conference & Expodent in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
- Dr. Cheng also traveled to Toronto, Canada to attend a meeting of the Examiners of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada. He was appointed as an Examiner (Prosthodontics) of the College in 2006.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin gave a lecture on Prosthodontic Complications for students of the Graduate Diploma in Dental Implantology at the National University of Singapore.
- Dr Ansgar Cheng spoke on Dental Health at a talk organized by the Canadian Association of Singapore.
- Dr Neo Tee Khin was invited by the Tao Yuan Dental Association of Taiwan to speak on the topics of “Solving Esthetic Problems in Anterior Implants” and “Management of the Resorbed Mandible.”
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng was interviewed in the Lianhe Wanbao newspaper in an article about the “Teeth-in-an-Hour”™ procedure. In the past dental implant procedures took six months but now, it only takes one hour to complete the procedure.
- Our clinic sponsored the Queen of Smiles Award for the Sweetheart Pageant organized by iGlamour. A person´s smile is an essential ingredient for a sparkling personality and a beautiful smile helps increase self-confidence as well as reflects a person´s general health. In the photo are the Winners of the 2007 Queen of Smiles title with Dr Helena Lee of : Daphne Hoon (Mrs Singapore Sweetheart category), Theresa Lee (Senior Singapore Sweetheart category) and Linda Ong (Classic Singapore Sweetheart category).
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin gave a public education talk on “Putting a Smile on your Face in the Golden Years” to members of the NTUC Annuity Club on August 25, 2007. The talk covered topics such as dentures, dental implants, caring for teeth and gums, and eating well.
- Dr. Neo was also interviewed in the Lianhe Wanbao newspaper in an article on how brushing one´s teeth too hard could lead to receding gums.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin gave a public education talk on “Teeth-in-an-Hour,”™ sponsored by Nobelbiocare. This dental implant procedure utilises advanced imaging and computer design technology to enable implants and teeth to be placed at the same time.
- Dr. Neo also appeared on the television program, Good Morning Singapore, to provide information about dental health and how to care for your teeth.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng was interviewed by Deborah de Souza, on the radio show, Body & Soul (93.8FM) on the topic of Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ Disorders). He was also featured in the Business Times in an article on TMJ Disorders. According to the article, jaw joint disorders were on the rise as a result of stress and neglect.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng was quoted in an article in the Indonesian women´s magazine, Femina, on “Teeth-in-an-Hour”™, a new technology in dental implants.
- Our clinic was featured in several Indonesian publications this month, including, Gaya Hidup Sehat ( article on an implant solution in one hour for patients without teeth), Harian Indonesia (article on a fast and painless new technique for dental implants in one hour) and Indonesia Shang Bao (an article about one of Singapore's pioneering dental clinics. MetroTV in Indonesia also covered a story on this new dental implant technology and featured the clinic in the coverage.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin was interviewed on the radio show, “Body and Soul” on FM 93.8. He answered questions from listeners on dental implants and “Teeth-In-An-Hour”™ which utilises advanced imaging and computer design technology to enable implants and teeth to be placed at the same time.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng was interviewed for an article on medical tourism in the May 5, 2007 issue of “The Australian,” a newspaper in Australia.
- Dr. Chng Hui Kheng, who received speciality training in endodontics (root canals) from the University of Melbourne in Australia, joined . Her practice is restricted to endodontics. Dr Chng was formerly an Assistant Professor at the National University of Singapore.
- Dr Neo Tee Khin was re-elected as a Committee Member of the Academy of Singapore Dental Chapter. The Chapter is looking forward to being converted into a College of Dentistry. He was also elected as the Dental Representative of the Medical Advisory Board of the Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng has been appointed by the Singapore Ministry of Health to be on the Specialist Accreditation Board Pro-Tem Committee. The Committee will assist the Singapore Dental Council to formulate the new Dental Specialists Register. Dr. Cheng has also been re-elected as the Vice Chairman of the Academy of Singapore Dental Chapter. The Chapter is looking forward to being converted into a College of Dentistry.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng was interviewed for an article on Medical Tourism in Asia by SmartTravelAsia, a consumer online magazine.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin was interviewed for a story on Dental tourism in Singapore. The interview was broadcast on Channel News Asia, Channel 5, Suria, Channel U, etc. It was also featured on the Channel News Asia website (www.channelnewsasia.com) and also translated into Bahasa Indonesia and featured on the Kabar Indonesia website (www.kabarindonesia.com).
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin joined eMenders, a group of over 50 medical and dental specialists covering more than 25 areas of medicine and dentistry, based at the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre (www.emenders.com).
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng flew to Toronto, Canada, to be a Board Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists, Canada in their Prosthodontics specialty fellowship examination. In the same month, he also spoke on Head and Neck Cancer and Maxillofacial Prosthodontics at the Annual Scientific Meeting, Chapter of Dental Surgeons, Academy of Medicine, Singapore, and the Christian Medical and Dental Association’s Annual Scientific Meeting. He also spoke on Osseointegrated Implants Treatment Outcome at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital Scientific and Clinical Meeting.
- Dr. Neo Tee Khin delivered a presentation on Immediate Reconstruction of Mandibular Osseointegrated Implants at the Mount Elizabeth Hospital Scientific and Clinical Meeting.
- Our clinic was closed for two weeks in August while we underwent an extensive makeover to serve you better. reopened on August 14, 2006 with brand new radiography facilities, laboratory, treatment rooms, sterilization equipments, more comfortable facilities and a fresh new look. We hope you like the change as much as we do!
- Singapore Dental Journal has accepted a scientific article written by Dr. Ansgar Cheng & Dr. Neo Tee Khin for publication in the next issue.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng was appointed as an Adjunct Associate Professor (Faculty of Dentistry) of the National University of Singapore. He would like to maintain his interest in graduate student teaching and dental research.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng & Dr. Neo Tee Khin published a scientific article in the US-based Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry titled: “Prosthodontic management of edentulous oral cavity with limited oral access using implant supported prostheses: A clinical report.
- Dr. Ansgar Cheng has been appointed for a five years term as a Board Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists, Canada in their Prosthodontics specialty fellowship examination.