As we begin the new year, one of activities that we would like to incorporate more for our clinic and dental team/staff is to engage in more projects that make a difference in the local and global community.
We kicked off our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities participating in World Vision’s Life Changing Gifts. Our clinic made a corporate donation of 1,000 dental care kits for Cambodian children while our staff individually made the following life changing gifts:
- construction of a well for a community in Cambodia;
- healthcare for one pregnant woman in Myanmar;
- shelter for one street child for a year in Vietnam;
- an animal farm (catfishes, chickens and ducks) for a family in Thailand;
- 15 fruit trees (bananas, papayas, oranges and mangoes) for 3 families in Lesotho;
- one month’s supply of food for a hungry child in China;
- back to school packs for three children in Bangladesh;
- stationery set for one child in the Philippines;
- sponsorship of one child in Cambodia.
If you are interested in providing a life-changing gift, click here.
The Specialist Dental Group dental team and staff collected four cartons of toys and bears for the Spastic Children’s Association of Singapore as part of the Canadian Association of Singapore’s Annual Teddy Bear Drive. The clinic also made a corporate donation of SGD$3,000 and our staff made individual donations amounting to almost $1,000.