In the last few months of 2010, the Specialist Dental Group Blog was pleased to support a number of charitable activities including the Canadian Association of Singapore’s Annual Teddy Bear & Toy Drive to benefit Kids Cove and Food from the Heart, WorldVision, the NUH PatientCare Charity Fund and the NorthEast Lunch Box Fund.
We were encouraged by the active participation of our dentists and staff in supporting the charitable causes ranging from:
- buying new toys and teddy bears to bring a smile to children from Kids Cove (a Centre for Children with Learning Differences);
- participating in a fundraising auction to raise funds for Food from the Heart (distribution of unsold bread from bakeries and hotels to the needy);
- sponsoring a child from the Philippines (we still have 11 more children at the Specialist Dental Group Tree of Life waiting to be sponsored);
- supporting children with disabilities in Sri Lanka;
- funding health screening for children in India;
- nutrition supplements for a year in Mongolia;
- warm blankets for children in Myanmar;
- education kits in the Philippines;
- milk and rice for one month in Vietnam;
- winter boots in Mongolia;
- food pack in Zambia;
- school kit with basic essentials in Cambodia;
- cash donation of $2,000 to the NUH PatientCare Charity Fund to help needy patients;
- cash donation of $2,000 to the NorthEast Lunch Box Fund
- volunteering time to distribute food packs to beneficiaries of the Boys Brigade Sharity Program.
2011 is starting out well with a few members of our team participating in the Terry Fox Run for Cancer Research in January.
May this year be a year of achievements not only in the clinical area but also in terms of making a positive difference in our community and beyond.