From the customer service and consumer perspective, Specialist Dental Group® has won 3 major awards including:
- “Best Healthcare Experience”, Singapore Experience Awards 2012
Specialist Dental Group® was the Recipient of “Best Healthcare Experience” in the Singapore Experience Awards 2012, organized by Singapore Tourism Board. Winners of this award are judged to have shown they are the the best in delivering a holistic customer experience – one that packages quality product and service delivery to create a distinctive and compelling experience.
- “Promising Brands”, Singapore Prestige Brand Award 2011
Specialist Dental Group® was the Recipient of “Promising Brands” in the well established Singapore Prestige Brand Award 2011 (SPBA). With an increasing number of Singapore brands becoming established household names, achieving this esteemed mark of success is a significant milestone in our branding journey.
On the Clinical Front, our achievements include:
- Pioneer in Dental Implants in Singapore – Our clinic’s late founder, Dr Henry Lee, first started placing titanium dental implants in Singapore back in 1984. Several decades later, the Specialist Dental Group team continues this strong foundation in dental implants with our dental specialists and dentists being opinion leaders in the latest implant innovations and developments.
- Asia’s first crown for a leopard – In January 2002, Dr Neo Tee Khin, our prosthodontist, fabricated a crown for a young leopard at the Singapore Night Safari, after it broke its tooth while chewing on a log. This was the first time a crown had been made for a leopard in Asia.
- First “live surgery” for the NobelGuide Teeth-in-an-Hour dental implant procedure in Indonesia – the Specialist Dental Group team collaborated with a leading university in Jakarta to place dental implants in a patient’s jaw within an hour in a “live” surgery event.
- First “live feed” for the NobelGuide Teeth-in-an-Hour dental implant surgery between Singapore and Indonesia – our dental team performed a “live surgery” at our clinic at the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre in Singapore while another team member delivered a lecture to dentists in Indonesia. Our Indonesian colleagues saw the procedure “live” and could ask questions of the surgeons in real time.
- First Singapore periodontist to perform the NobelGuide Teeth-in-an-Hour dental implant procedure – Dr Helena Lee, our gum specialist, was the first periodontist to perform the revolutionary dental implant procedure in Singapore.
- Performed multi-disciplinary procedure to restore quality of life to a patient with a jaw tumour – Our specialists, Dr Ansgar Cheng (prosthodontist) and Dr Ho Kok Sen (oral maxillofacial surgeon) worked together with an Ear Nose Throat Surgeon, Dr Andrew Loy, and plastic surgeon, Dr Erik Ang, to use part of a leg bone to replace a patient’s missing jaw that had been removed due to a tumour, and replaced a patient’s teeth with dental implants.
From the point of view of our staff internally, we were awarded:
- “Singapore HEALTH (Helping Employees Achieve Life-Time Health) Bronze Award 2014”
The award is presented by the Health Promotion Board to give national recognition to organisations with commendable Workplace Health Promotion (WHP) programmes. It honours organisations that strive to help their employees lead healthy and vibrant lives.
Mount Elizabeth Orchard
3 Mount Elizabeth, #08-03/04/10
Gleneagles Medical Centre
6 Napier Road, #07-17
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Closed on Sundays/ Public Holidays
For urgent matters, please contact us directly at the emergency contact number on your dentist's card, or the Mount Elizabeth A&E department at (65) 6731-2218, or Gleneagles A&E department at (65) 6470-5700.