Dental Tourism is an increasingly important segment of the medical tourism market. According to a 2007 survey by Healthcare Tourism International, dental procedures were the most commonly searched terms by American medical travellers looking for medical treatment in other countries.
Specialist Dental Group® has been treating international patients for over 30 years. Many of our patients come from countries as diverse as Australia, USA, UK, Russia, Mongolia, Fiji, the Maldives, Bangladesh, Indonesia and Malaysia. Expatriates in Singapore and in nearby countries also make up our clinic’s patient base.
Our clinic was the Recipient of the “Best Healthcare Experience” category of the Singapore Experience Awards 2012, awarded by the Singapore Tourism Board to recognize outstanding contribution to the tourism industry in Singapore.
Why Come to Singapore for Dental Treatment?
- Peace of Mind
- Our internationally qualified dental specialists have received international training and admission as Fellows or Diplomates of the various professional bodies in the USA, UK, Canada and Australia. The standard of care and experience of dental professionals in Singapore is generally very high. You can rest assured that you are in good hands when seeing a Singapore dental specialist.
- The use of modern and cutting edge equipment and stringent sterilization practices in our clinic also give more peace of mind. Our sterilization protocol meets the requirements of the American Dental Association. Your safety is our focus.
- Ease of Access and Safety
- Singapore is strategically located in the Asia Pacific region and easily accessible by air from many neighbouring countries.
- The crime rate is low and public transportation is plentiful and reasonably priced. One has a choice of travelling by taxi, MRT (subway), bus or even on foot, when in Singapore.
- English and Mandarin are widely spoken. Other major languages spoken in Singapore include Malay, Bahasa Indonesia and Cantonese. Thus, communication is generally not a problem in Singapore. We can also arrange for interpreters for Russian, Japanese, Indonesia, Myanmar, Vietnamese, Mongolian and Middle Eastern patients.
- Plenty to See and Do
- Singapore has many tourist attractions, a diversity of cultures and is a shopping paradise for every budget. There are also different types of accommodations available ranging from luxury hotels, service apartments, private apartments, budget hotels and hostels.
- Food is something close to most Singaporean’s hearts, and there is plenty of mouth-watering food to be found on this island.
More information on Singapore can be found at the Singapore Tourism Board website.
Visa, Travel And Accommodation Requirements
- Visa You can check whether you will need a visa to enter Singapore by visiting the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority website. Please also ensure that you have at least six (6) months validity on your passport when you come to Singapore.
- Air Travel Most major airlines fly to Singapore. More information can be found at Changi International Airport website. There are also budget airlines such as Jet Star Asia, Air Asia and Tiger Airways that will help keep your airfare costs low when you plan a trip to Singapore for dental treatment.Several US airlines fly to Singapore, including Delta Airlines and United Airlines. In addition, other airlines such as Singapore Airlines, and Cathay Pacific also fly between the US and Asia. Your best option, where airline travel is concerned, is to search sites such as Travelocity and Expedia as they will be able to show a comparison of the fares of different airlines. An alternative is to visit the websites of the respective airlines (can be accessed with a Google search). In Singapore, other useful websites include Via Singapore, Wego and Zuji.
Singapore is a very easy city to navigate and most people here speak English. There is a very efficient taxi system at the Changi International Airport – just follow the signs for “taxi” after exiting the arrivals lounge and there will be a line of taxis waiting to take you to your destination. It costs about SGD$20 for a taxi to the city
- Accommodation Our clinic is happy to provide contact information for the various hotels in Singapore but you will still need to use your own credit card to guarantee the reservation. You can find out more about accommodation options in Singapore at the Singapore Tourism Board website.There are different types of accommodation options in Singapore, ranging from 5 star hotels to budget hotels, to room rentals and backpacker dorms. Hotels can be searched online at Via Singapore, Wego and Zuji. There are also many other hotel-specific websites.
Our clinic staff are able to assist you in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay, Bahasa Indonesia, Thai, Burmese, Korean, Tamil, Norwegian and Tagalog.
If you require assistance in other languages, please let us know ahead of time and we will try to arrange for an interpreter in the following languages: Russian, Vietnamese, Japanese, and Arabic.
Modes of Payment
Our clinic accepts payments in cash and credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, China Unionpay). Wire transfers are also an option. Please contact our clinic for more information on this.
No Surcharge for International Patients
Our clinic does not believe in imposing a surcharge on international patients.
DENTAL TOURISM RESOURCES
- Dental clinics in Singapore are seeing more overseas patients
- Medical Tourism in Asia
- Factors to Consider in Choosing a Dentist
If you are an international patient and are travelling to Singapore for dental or medical treatment, accommodation will often be one of the top concerns when planning your trip. Many of our patients combine their dental appointments with medical appointments with a holiday or business trip to maximize their time in warm and sunny Singapore.
Specialist Dental Group® has 4 clinics at the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre and the Gleneagles Medical Centre.
- Our clinics at Mount Elizabeth are close to the Orchard Road shopping district. Patients have the convenience to schedule their dental and medical appointments on the same day, in one location, without the need to travel to another part of the city.
- Our Gleneagles clinic is close to the famous Botanical Gardens of Singapore.
In order to make full use of your trip in Singapore, especially for a first timer, a few considerations to be planned ahead of time are:
There are different types of accommodation options in Singapore, ranging from 5 star hotels to budget hotels, to room rentals and backpacker dorms. Many of these are within walking distance to the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre, or a short MRT (subway) or bus ride away.
- Grand Park Orchard, Singapore
- Ibis Hotel Bencoolen
- Ibis Hotel Novena
- Mandarin Orchard Singapore
- Marriott Hotel Singapore
- Hilton Hotel
- Four Seasons Hotel
- York Hotel
- The Elizabeth Hotel
- Concorde Hotel
- Holiday Day Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
For those looking to stay in Singapore over a longer period who would like the comforts of home, including cooking facilities, there are also many serviced apartments available in the Orchard area for stays of seven days or longer. These include:
- Somerset Service Residence – Grand Cairnhill
- Somerset Service Residence – Orchard
- Orchard Parksuites
- Far East Service Apartments
- Service Apartment Evohouse
Other hotels which are conveniently located include:
For short term housing accommodation in condominiums located in a central part of Singapore, you may also consider Evo House.
Mount Elizabeth Orchard
3 Mount Elizabeth, #08-03/08/10
Gleneagles Medical Centre
6 Napier Road, #07-17
Mon - Fri: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Sat: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Close on Sundays/ Public Holidays
For urgent matters, please contact us directly at the emergency contact number on your dentist's card or the Mount Elizabeth A&E department at (65) 6731-2218 or Gleneagles A&E department at (65)6470-5700.